This is open to everyone who has enrolled in any TeachersPD course or attended any TeachersPD Workshop.

Hi

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Daniel Jackson 4 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Daniel Jackson
    Keymaster
    @djackson

Hi Everyone and welcome to the TeachersPD community. I would love to find out more about you and how I can better help you. Please create a post here to share a bit about yourself. Tell us:

Where you are from
    What age/s and/or subject/s you teach
    How long you have been teaching
    What you are hoping to get out of being a part of this community, and
    What you like to do in your spare time (I know you don’t really have any, but amuse me 🙂

Daniel Jackson
    Keymaster
    @djackson

My name is Dan Jackson. I am the Deputy Principal at SEDA College NSW looking after curriculum, staff development and technology.
    I have been teaching since 2006 (13 years) and am hoping to develop a lively online community that focuses on effective teaching that creates life-long learners.
    In my spare time, I love to be with my family, playing with my 2 children and working on my permaculture block (like a farm, but multifaceted rather than mono-cropping)

Lauren Walters
    Participant
    @lwalters1

Hi, I’m Lauren Walters. I’m a Mathematics Teacher at St Agnes Catholic High School in Rooty Hill. I’ve been teaching for about 3 years.

I heard about Flipped Learning for the first time whilst listening to a podcast called The Lifelong Learner back in November last year (yes, I’m a bit behind the times, I know), and the whole concept blew my mind. Ever since then, I’ve been fantasising about becoming the next Eddy Woo (this AMAZING Maths youtuber).
    Fortunately for me, I mentioned my desire to start flipping my lessons to someone I knew from the CEDP (my school’s head office), and the next thing I knew, Head Office had bought me a fancy new iPad this Apple pen thing, a couple of document cameras and agreed to put me through Flipped Learning PD – so, you know, no pressure or anything. Haha. So here I am, super excited (and nervous, since technology and I aren’t usually the best of friends) and keen to learn how to give my students the best possible learning experiences that I can.

When I’m not teaching Maths at school, I’m home wrangling my three demon spawn *cough*, I mean, my dear children (5 year old identical twin boys and a 2 year old boy) – therefore I also enjoy long walks along the wine aisle at Dan Murphys. Haha
    I also enjoy binge watching Netflix shows (typically Rick and Morty for the thousandth time) and crocheting.

Daniel Jackson
    Keymaster
    @djackson

Hey Lauren

Sorry I didn’t reply to you earlier. It was great to meet you at my Flipped Learning workshop. I would love to see what you have made since then. Could you share anything with me?

Chat again soon
    Dan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.